I’m replacing a Patriot Torqx drive which failed and Patriot has given me the options of replacing it with a Torqx 2 or a Warp drive.
Drives and Controllers:
- Torqx – Indilinx Barefoot controller – not stuttering like with the older jmicron controllers but not very reliable in my experience
- Torqx 2 – phison controller – relatively new
- Warp – jmicron JMF602 – known for random pauses
From the reviews I’ve read it seems like the Torqx 2 is faster but it’s difficult to discern as the Warp reviews are very favorable because it came out 3 years ago while the Torqx 2 reviews are unfavorable because it was released recently but cannot compete with other recent drives. Both drives show poor performance in iometer, even worse than the Torqx which is a big problem.
- Torqx 2
- Patriot Memory – 128GB Torqx 2 Solid State Drive
- Patriot Torqx 2 Phison Solid State Drive – Iometer IOPS Performance
- Patriot Torqx 2 128GB SATA II SSD Review-Hi Tech Legion-Patriot Torqx 2 128GB SATA II SSD Review
- Patriot Torqx 2 Review | StorageReview.com
- Patriot Torqx 2 256GB Solid State Drive Review – Benchmarks – AIDA64 Random Access Time :: TweakTown USA Edition